Monday, March 15, 2010

Reasoning behind this blog

The reason I'm starting this blog is just another step (notice the title) to my dream and goal of being a professional journalist. I know that this is a hard course to take and I was told by a journalist who works in Miami that to be a professional to start writing daily now. So here I am just wasting my days away at Culver and I finally decided what i wanted to be.

You'll find this blog humorous and fun. I'll try to post everyday and try to keep whoever reads this updated on whats happening in my life.

So for those who know me I'm a HUGE Miami Dolphin's fans, and yes my ultimate goal would be to write for them or even any other major team in the NFL, but we all know that dreams are hard to come by now a days.

So for those who don't know I'm attending a boarding school in the middle-of-bum-fuck Indiana, aka Culver. It's a military academy, more so for leadership and discipline, not for bad kids or people who are joining the army. So don't come on here thinking and leaving all your liberal bullshit cause i don't want to deal with people like you anyway. I've been attending the Academy for 3 years now and now that my Junior year is coming to an end i decided to try and do something with my life that mattered. I have started to realize the more you buy into a system (could be your job, household, or school) the easier it is going to be. My first two and a half years here i was always rebelling and not doing what i was told, well now this past couple of months I've been trying hard in school and joining clubs and trying to apply myself into areas i normally wouldn't touch. I'm heading up a team for Relay for Life this year, if you don't know what that is it is a non-profit organization that is trying to raise money for cancer. My team goal is $16,000 and I am hoping we will reach it, so if you would like to donate any amount at all i would be so touched by your generosity.
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=team&fr_id=21401&team_id=681778
My dad's mom had cancer that claimed her life and I have started a fund in her name so please donate if you have time, remember you don't have to donate that much even $1 would be nice.

OK so i need to stop promoting :-)

Anyway so today was a Monday, and we all know those suck, and my first period class was one i usually look forward too but it seems like it's changed in the last couple of weeks. My teacher has started to assign about 2.5 hours of homework a night, sucks right? Jeez, well I am a junior in high school so i shouldn't complain but the homework came out of nowhere! Like we used to have like 30 minutes a night maybe and now this! Well just gonna have to deal with it i guess :P.

ha ha but other than that life's been fine so i can't complain. I realize we are fortunate to have what we have and we should all Thank God for that.

No Regrets!

1 comment:

  1. High five, Troy. So good to read about your journalist ambition and your turn-around mind set about school. I'll be looking forward to your writings. Find your style, your niche, your individuality. "No Regrets" when you have a passion for what you're doing.
    Love ya always, The Pancake Lady

    ReplyDelete