Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Conflicts are bad!!

Ok so yesterday i posted the day befores blog and now im posting yesterdays blog and ill try to do todays tonight, if that makes sense? Anyways, yesterday was a LONG day. Woke up early and had breakfast. It was good stuff :) ahah no not really but w.e. We had a session on conflict resolution right after breaky. We discussed the problems in Northern Ireland and did soem fun activities. I learned alot about myself and the people around me. Me and Eddie had some good roomate examples over conflict. I was telling everyone about a night where Ed wanted to watch a movie and I took a shower and instead of going back to watch the movie, i watched basketball in the lounge. so when i came in the room Ed was a little upset that i said i wanted to go to bed and told me that he would punch me in the face. So i avoided the conflict by going to bed and not saying a word. :D Avoiding is great ;P

In the afternoon we had lunch and then headed to the beach. We did some communication exercises and had some fun. We were heading into town when an Irish storm hit. We saw the rain coming but what we didnt see was the HAIL! They were small but the wind was sideways, everyone just turned their backs or hid behind cars. It lasted for 5 minutes and my backside was dripping soaked, like im talking about gaining about 30lbs of water on the backside of my clothes.

The rest of the walk into town was bad. My jeans were rubbing on the backside of my calves wearing them raw. It sucked, but thank god town didnt. They have a thing here called 99's, its soft serve ice cream in a cone with a stick of chocolate down the middle.... FABULOUS. We sat in town eating our ice cream and then headed back to Corrymeela. We had our night session and we had to do a play. Ours was on Racism and how not to solve the conflict, it was really complicated so im not gonna explain it.

well the day was quite eventfull and after the play i went to bed.

QOTD "You took a rainbow picture in black-and-white?"

No Regrets LADDIES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment