Sunday, March 21, 2010

"I don't think were gonna make it"

So today we woke up and headed out of Belfast and to Corrymeela, a center for conflict resolution. The bus ride was hilarious, the driver was the second wittiest person ive ever met. We were aproaching a tunnel and when it was in view for everyone on the bus he blurted out

"o shit i dont think were gonna make it"

and everyone was freeking out, so we got up to the tunnel and he dropped the suspension and started creeping up to the tunnel and yelled over the speaker what sounded like we were scraping, then he started laughing. Everyone was cracking up. He also was quite a joker, he was cracking jokes the whole ride up.

"The Queen of England and Ronald Reagon were riding in a horse drawn carriage doing a PR thing through london. About halfway through the ride the horse farted and there was an awkward silence for about 20 secs and then the Queen said 'I do apoligize' and then Reagon said 'you are the most honest woman ive ever met'" He had everyone laughing.

He also told a story about when he was a child, "So I was walking up to church one day in my sunday's best when we saw two dags (dogs)..... well doin what they do in the middle of the street and everyone was appauled by it. So i turned and asked my mom what they were doing. She gave me a wallup on the back of my head and told me 'It's not your buisness' so i shut up for a minute.... but it just made me more curious so when we got to church I asked my dad 'what were those two dags doing fadda' I swear the man has never told me a lie before and he told me "The dag on the bottom was really sick and the dag on the top was pushing her up the hill to the dactor.'"

The day was awsome we finally got to Corrymeela and this place is great. It feels like we are in the middle of nowhere, which we kind of are, and the feel the place gives you is like a church retreat. All the staff are young and come from everypart of the world and are all dedicated to the mission here of solving conflicts around the world.

We ate dinner and had our first session. We stayed up playing mafia and go-ninja-go for like 3 hours. Im beat now and going to bed.

QOTD (quote of the day) "Let me put it to you this way, when a man gets out of the water, he would be unsure if he was a man or a woman."

No Regrets mates

1 comment:

  1. Troy, hope you're reading these comments. If so, please tell Jaq that Auntie Kim and I say "Happy Birthday". Wish I knew how to say that in Gaelic. I do know that "pog mo thoin" means "kiss me arse". I think it sounds better in English. Love the "dag" story. Just wondering if you solved any conflicts at Corrymeela and was the US Healthcare conflict on their list. Love ya always, Gran

    ReplyDelete